Treatment Interventions – Berkshire, Reading on 28th November 2018
Treatment Interventions for individuals convicted of or accused of sexual offending is for counsellors, therapists and others working therapeutically with individuals who have been convicted or accused of sexual offending. The aim of the day is to provide practitioners with a historic perspective of how the treatment of sexual offenders has developed, leading to current rehabilitative thinking. By the end of the day, participants should be able to locate their own therapeutic practice within a broader perspective and take away additional tools to use with their clients. The day will also address how to work with denial, minimisation, lack of victim empathy and cognitive distortions.
Date: 27/10/2018 at 9:30am End date: 27/10/2018 at 4:00pm Venue: Rivers Ibis Health Club, Rivers Conference Centre, Scours Lane, Tilehurst, Reading RG30 6AY Trainer: Dr Julie Newberry
Topics covered will include
* The therapeutic alliance and self-reflective practice
* The psychodynamic perspective
* Attachment Theory
* Denial and minimisation
* The Feminist perspective
* Cycles and models of sex offending: Finkelhor and Wolf
* Cognitive behavioural methods: group-work, one-to-one work
* Strengths based approaches: Good Lives, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Therapy
* Relapse prevention/Safety planning
* Common outcomes of effective therapy
This is a widget ready area. Add some and they will appear here.