1. Please make sure you have read and understand these terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using our website, engaging with us on social media, donating to us or undertaking other activities. If you are under 18, please get a parent or guardian to read through these Terms and to discuss them with you.
3. If you are engaging in training with us, please also read the Training Terms and Conditions.
4. If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us [email protected]
5. By continuing to use the website or our social medial channels you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. StopSO UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1170470). References in these Terms to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are to the StopSO UK Charity.
- We may change these Terms at any time, in which case the amended Terms will be posted on our websites and will apply from the date we post them.
- Please check these Terms on each occasion you use our website. If you continue to use our websites, you will be bound by the latest Terms.
- We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
2. Using our Website and Social Media Channels
- Our website and Social Media is made available free of charge. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of our website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason any of our website, or part of it is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You agree to only use our website, social media and email in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and is consistent with these Terms and does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of our site (including, amongst other things, by hacking). We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to our website or social media or any part of them without prior notice.
- You may access and use most parts of our website without registering your details with us. If you do register your details, you must you your true and correct legal identity. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering.
- You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised and could be used to access or harm the work of the charity for any reason. We may disable any user or remove any users from our services at any time and for any reason at our discretion.
- By using the StopSO UK website or any social media pages, content or communication or email services you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this notice. If you do not agree to this notice please do not use our websites, social media pages, email or other services.
5. Social Media content including user-generated content.
- In posting information to our social media sites or review platforms you are granting us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to use, highlight, comment, modify or reproduce your contributions in whole or part, in whatever form, on our website, social media pages and other communications and publications.
- By posting or submitting content to our social media channels or review platforms you waive any other rights in respect of that content, including the right to be identified as the author of the content.
- You grant us the right to use the name and content you submit in connection with the material or information you shared on social media or review platforms.
- We may remove or edit any materials or posts you make our social media platforms at any time.
- If you have a complaint about any content on our website, please email [email protected]. Please provide your name, company or organisation name if relevant, and contact details. Please provide details of the exact content complained of and details of why you are complaining about that content.
- Please do not post or transmit to our website or social media or other pages material or information that is false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, indecent, grossly offensive, harassing, liable to incite hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, threatening, or invasive of a person’s privacy.
- You must not share information which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals.
- You must not share information which is harmful, such as computer viruses, malware, trojan horses, worms, components, corrupted data, malicious software or harmful data.
- You should not impersonate anyone else or misrepresent your affiliation with any organisation or representative body.
- If you do post information to our website or social media channels sites with any of the information described above, and we incur costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result then you agree that you are liable for such costs, expenses, liability and losses.
5. Intellectual Property
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it, except where otherwise stated.
- These rights are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
- All such rights are reserved.
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation.
- You are permitted to print, download or copy extracts from our website for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that; copyright and source indications are also printed and copied; no modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication; any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context; the material is not used in a manner which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us or impair our ability to achieve our charitable aims; our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content must always be acknowledged.
6. Disclaimers and Liability
- The information provided on our websites is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. While we endeavour to ensure that the information on our websites is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information. The material on our website or social media channels may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- We take every reasonable care to ensure that any payment made by you in connection with our website is conducted securely. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed and as we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link and we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained on our website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use our website, their content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence. Nothing in this disclaimer applies to any training which you purchase directly from our site, and you should consult the Training Terms and Conditions if applicable.
- Our websites may contain links to third party websites. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not necessarily control such websites and are not responsible for their content.
- The mere inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites or any association with their operators.
- If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from our websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
- If you wish to link from your website to our website you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the homepage, and subject to the following conditions – the link must simply consist of either the website address or any unaltered linking logo which we have given you permission to use; you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services; you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us; you do not link from a website that is not owned and controlled by you (save with our express written permission); your website does not contain content that is illegal or unlawful.
- At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our site.
8. Events beyond our control
- We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivering any services or order or breach of our obligations, if the delay or breach is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, floods, drought, fire, epidemic, legislation, failure of internet service provider (ISP) or telecommunications provider or other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- StopSO UK supports those seeking therapy by joining up those who want help with therapists who are trained and qualified appropriately. The therapists are not employed by StopSO UK, and your contractual relationship will be exclusively with the therapist or their organisation. The delivery and regulation of the therapy will be with that therapist or organisation, and you should refer to their terms and conditions accordingly.
- We usually ask a therapist receiving a referral from StopSO UK to make a charitable donation to StopSO UK.
- Whilst we will make every effort to identify an appropriate therapist from the information provided, we will not be liable to you in any way in respect of this referral, including in circumstances where we are unable to make a referral for any reason whatsoever. We may decline to make a referral at our complete discretion.
10. Abusive and Improper Behaviour
- Threatening, abusive, harassing or otherwise improper behaviour towards StopSO staff or volunteers will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
- Such behaviour may at our complete discretion result in you being banned from accessing this website, using our Social Media or from contacting or communicating with us in any way, in addition to any other legal action taken.
- Any person using threatening, abusive or harassing words or behaviour, or communicating electronically in a way that is threatening, abusive, harassing, grossly offensive, indecent, false, obscene, menacing or otherwise unlawful can expect to be reported to the police, in addition to any other action taken.
11. Law, courts and language
- These Terms, use of our site and the supply of products and services by us are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the Law of England and Wales. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these Terms, use of our site or in relation to the supply of any products or services by us the Courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction over the dispute.