Crossing The Line – Kent, Maidstone on 4th December 2018
Crossing the Line, the legal and ethical position when treating those at risk of offending, is aimed at counsellors and psychotherapists who do not usually work with forensic clients, but may find themselves faced with one unexpectedly, or whose current client subsequently discloses walking close to, or crossing, a legal line. What should you do? Through a series of case studies, this day aims to give confidence in dealing appropriately with the situation.
Date: 25/10/2018 at 9:30am End date: 25/10/2018 at 4:00pm Venue: Maidstone Community Support Center, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1HH Trainer: Dr Julie Newberry
The aims of this course are:
* Help the therapist have confidence in managing and dealing with an unexpected legal situation
* Review assessment and containment procedures
* Know the principals of client and self-care
* Understand the ethical and legal issues of confidentiality and disclosure requirements
Objectives: By the end of the day, the delegate will be able to:
* List the necessary information required for an assessment
* Understand appropriate referral procedures
* Undertake a personal risk assessment in which to work
* Discuss the ethical and legal issues relating to confidentiality
This is a widget ready area. Add some and they will appear here.