Counselling partners of individuals who have sexually offended on the internet – London Thu 16th Apr 2020
Terms and Conditions
Cancellations made less than 21 days before the start date will be charged in full. Any refunds will incur a 12% administration charge.Where we cancel, we will refund your full fee, however we will not be liable for any expenses incurred.
Date: 16/04/2020 at 9:30am End date: 16/04/2020 at 5:00pm Venue: The Deborah Ubee Trust, 20 Egerton Drive, Greenwich, London SE10 8JS Trainer: Dr Andrew Smith
The degree of psychic pain and internal conflict felt by partners of internet sex offenders, especially those who choose to remain in a relationship with them, can be overwhelming. The different facets of the partner’s experience form a key component of the training, in addition to exploring how to empower partners to make informed choices about their life ahead, and the lives of their children. Attending to distress felt by partners, offering hope and in the process, helping to safeguard children from sexual abuse are the other areas covered in the training
Below is an outline of the day:
• The experience of NOPs (non-offending partners)
• The stigma of remaining in a relationship with a partner who has sexually offended on the internet
• Common issues and challenges
• Similarities and differences to partners of individuals who are sexually addicted
• Grooming and NOPs
• How Social Services view risk and safety
• The ‘journey towards risk awareness’
• What does ability to protect look like?
• How to assess ability to protect?
• Counselling this client group
This is a widget ready area. Add some and they will appear here.